Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Skippy's Get-Psyched-About-The-Bruins Post

I know Schadenfreude has already done one of these, but I felt it was important to do one separately, mostly because I need to independently work myself up for my (temporary) new team. Also, it gave me an opportunity to use THIS PICTURE:



A good rule of thumb: When your opponent is hemorrhaging from the face, keep punching. It means you're doing it right!

Anyway, here's my list of Reasons To Love The Boston Bruins:

-Tim Thomas. Putative Vezina winner. General badass. Actual, you know, goalie.


-Milan Lucic. They make shirts, which I have seen actual Bostonians wear, that say "Lucic Fight Club" on them. And he can fucking score, too. Enough said.

-CHARA. Man is basically a silverback gorilla, if, you know, silverback gorillas could walk upright, talk, and win the Norris Trophy.
Chara on an off day.

-Cam Neely. Yes, he's only the president of the Bruins and no longer plays for them. But man was a fucking BEAST when he did play and he's had a role on Rescue Me. Awesome.
Also, I'd still totally tap that.

-Brad Marchand's nose. It deserves its own bullet point.

-David Krejci. Not only is his name really fun to say, boy's accent is enough to make me all hot and bothered on its own. Just keep talking, David. You don't need to do anything else.

-It's always best when the team that beat you wins it all. Then at least you didn't get beaten by losers.

-Disappointed Vancouver Canuck green men--the best kind of green men.

-Their coach looks, as a friend says, like a "constipated bowling ball."
Descriptive, yet accurate.

-Another Cup going to Tampa Bay would be a waste and you know it.

-If the Bruins win the Cup, Skippy and Schadenfreude get to go to the victory parade and perv over Andrew Ference in person.
I'll leave you with that piece of eye candy to close out this post. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment